It is an honor and privilege to serve as Monroe County Circuit Clerk. I was elected by the people of Monroe County on November 8, 2016 and was sworn into office December 1, 2016 by 20th Circuit Judge Dennis Doyle.
The Circuit Clerk is the official keeper of the records of the Monroe County Courts. Any activity that transpires in the court system is maintained by my office. My primary goal is to efficiently, effectively, and respectfully serve the people of Monroe County and any people who utilize our judicial system.
The statutes of the State of Illinois and local ordinances determine the costs that are to be collected by the judicial systems in each county. My office collects all the fines and fees associated with resolutions and decisions from the court. Those monies are then distributed to the appropriate entities and agencies across the municipalities, county and state. The statutes allow for some of the funds to be used for electronic initiatives without the expenditure of taxpayer dollars.
My office has moved full-speed into electronic initiatives. As of July, 2017, we started a pilot of electronic filing (e-filing) for civil cases with a few attorneys who use the Court here regularly. When other attorneys heard about it, they too wanted to start e-filing. We began e-filing all civil cases as of October 1, 2017. This initiative has dramatically cut down on the time spent handling paper documents in my office and in the courtroom. It has also greatly reduced our paper document creation, paper and filing material costs and storage space.
If you have any questions, please contact me. The public is always welcome to sit in on open court with the exception of juvenile and adoption cases. Thanks for visiting our site.
- Circuit Clerk – Lisa Fallon
- Bess – 618-939-8681 ext. 249
- Driving Under the Influence, Traffic, Ordinance, Conservation
- Luann – 618-939-8681 ext. 273
- Bookkeeper, Misdemeanor, Felony, Juvenile
- Jeanie – 618-939-8681 ext. 274
- Law (greater than $50,000), Law Minor (less than $50,000), Miscellaneous Remedy, Chancery, Small Claims
- Denise – 618-939-8681 ext. 269
- Divorce, Family, Probate, Order of Protection, Adoption, Tax, Eminent Domain, Municipal Corporation
- Brenda- 618-939-8681 ext. 237
- E-File scanning and destruction projects
Criminal & Civil Jury Weeks (2018)
Please Note: Each Docket Call is set on alternating weeks.
|Dates||Docket Call Wednesday 1:00 pm|
|January 17 (Tuesday)
|January 4, 2017|
|March 1, 2017|
|May 17, 2017|
|August 2, 2017|
|October 18, 2017|
2018 Courthouse Holidays
|New Year’s Day||Monday||1-1-18|
|Martin Luther King Day||Monday||1-15-18|