- Approve deeds, real estate transfer declarations (PTAX-203) and plats prior to recording in the County Clerk’s Office.
- Review legal descriptions for compliance with regulations found in the Illinois State Plat Act, Monroe County Subdivision Ordinance and Monroe County Mapping and Platting Ordinance.
- Maintenance of parcel numbers and county maps due to divisions, consolidations, subdivisions, etc.
- Creation and sale of aerial maps using CAD and GIS data.
- Printing Plats
Deed Approval Requirements:
- Parcel number(s)
- Prior deed reference number
- Name and address of taxpayer(s)
- Name and address of deed preparer
- Deed approval fee
- $10 per deed – payable to Monroe County General Fund, in a separate check from the recording fee.
- Legal description needs to meet Illinois State Plat Act, Monroe County Subdivision Ordinance and Monroe County Ordinance.
- All deeds require either an exemption statement OR PTAX-203 form.
- For more information click here.