Dennis Knobloch is a lifelong resident of Monroe County. He is married to Elaine (Allgire), and they have three children and seven grandchildren.
Dennis was appointed on April 20, 2020 to the County Commissioner seat left vacant by the passing of Ronald Schultheis. Dennis brings many years of public service to the County Board table. He was elected to two terms as Village President of the Village of Valmeyer in 1989 and 1993. It was during his second term that the Village was inundated by Mississippi River flood waters, and as Village President he guided Valmeyer through a post-flood recovery and relocation of the town to higher ground.
In 1997, Dennis was appointed to the office of Monroe County Clerk, and beginning in 1998 he was reelected to five full terms in that office, retiring in 2018.
Dennis serves on the following Boards and Committees:
- Monroe County Board of Health
- Farmland Assessment Review Committee
- Southwestern Illinois Metropolitan and Regional Planning Commission Executive Committee
- Noxious Weed Committee
- Western Egyptian Economic Board of Directors
- Monroe County Economic Development Committee
- Monroe – Randolph County Enterprise Zone Committee
- Kaskaskia-Cahokia Trail Coalition Executive Committee
To contact Commissioner Dennis Knobloch, call 618-939-8681, ext. 214 or at 618-520-1852. Email: DKnobloch@monroecountyil.gov.