In light of Governor JB Pritzker’s Disaster Proclamation and Executive Orders, Illinois Supreme Court Order M.R. 30370, Twentieth Judicial Circuit General Administrative Order 20-9, and Monroe County Administrative Order 20-5 related to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, our office will be staffed sparingly to comply with the orders and to ensure the health and well-being of our employees and the general public. If you have questions regarding cases, please contact the appropriate individual below via email, and we will attempt to respond to you in a timely manner:
- For Felony (CF) cases, Domestic Violence (CM) cases, and Violation of Order of Protection (CM) cases: Contact Chris Hitzemann at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For all other Misdemeanor (CM) cases and County Ordinance Violation (OV) cases: Contact Lucas Liefer at email@example.com
- For DUI (DT) cases or Traffic (TR) cases: Contact Jennifer Becker-Roscow at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For issues related to orders, warrants, and scheduling: Contact Dana Hutchings at email@example.com
- For issues related to discovery in pending cases: Contact Alice Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For issues related to subpoenas in pending cases: Contact Investigator Steve Meister at email@example.com
Please be advised that court dates related to cases have been generally continued and reset for court dates from late May through early July, with those dates subject to change by further Executive or Court order. We appreciate your patience in dealing with this unprecedented disruption to the criminal justice process.
Chris E. Hitzemann
Monroe County State’s Attorney
100 S. Main St.
Waterloo, IL 62298