- Approve deeds and plats prior to recording in the County Clerk’s Office.
- Review legal descriptions for compliance with regulations found in the Illinois State Plat Act, Monroe County Subdivision Ordinance and Monroe County Mapping and Platting Ordinance.
- The County is currently updating their Code of Ordinances. Please click HERE to view the most recent version.
- Maintenance of parcel numbers and county maps due to divisions, consolidations, subdivisions, etc.
- Creation and sale of aerial maps using CAD and GIS data.
- Printing/Email Plats & Maps
Deed Approval Requirements:
- Active parcel number(s)
- Prior deed reference number
- Name and address of taxpayer(s)
- Name and address of deed preparer
- Deed approval fee
- $10 per deed – this fee will be collected by the county recorder starting March 30, 2020. Click here for more information.
- Legal description needs to meet Illinois State Plat Act, Monroe County Subdivision Ordinance and Monroe County Ordinance.
To view maps online, visit our GIS Website.
Map and Plat Email Requests
We are now able to take credit card/debit card payments online for GIS data, map and plat requests. Use the following files to search plats and email us to get your quote. Once payment has been received we will email your requested plat or map. Check out our fee schedule.