- Deposits and keeps the revenue and public monies of the county.
- Invests funds on deposit according to State law in order of safety, liquidity and then rate of return.
- Assists the County Board in formulating budgets, financial plans and projections.
- Billing and Collection of nearly $67 million real estate taxes.
- Conducts annual sale of delinquent real estate taxes
|2022 Real Estate Tax Bills|
|1st Installment Due||???|
|2nd Installment Due||???|
|View Real Estate Tax Bill/Account|
Click the heading above to review your tax bill on-line.
Hopefully, 2022 tax bills can be mailed in October of 2023 with due dates in November and December. The tax cycle in currently at the State of Illinois, Department of Revenue, for review as of early September.
The Tax Sale date for 2022 taxes payable in 2023 has not been scheduled, but should occur in February of 2024.
Standard & Poor, a company that provides financial research and analysis on stocks and bonds, assigned a strong credit rating for Monroe County upgrading its credit rating from AA- to AA.